Friday, October 7, 2011

Good Bye Piano !

You probably know, if you've read my blog for some time, we had found this student piano at a foreclosed house...and as I've always wanted to learn to play, Alan brought it home for me....I've enjoyed it but it came time to decide between a rock and a hard place.....our kitchen has so little cabinet space...it was a choice, storage or piano...so knowing myself, decided storage was more important right now with 6 people in the house..put the piano on Craigslist and it was sold last night....
now, instead of the piano in this space..the little curio cabinet is there...right now its packed with kitchen items...but when the new cabinet is built in the alcove where the old antique was housed, it will then have our collection of depression glass in it....although that will have to be adjusted while Jayden is here....
plus there is lots of space on either side...I want to get a small round table for the corner....nice for a prim tree this Christmas....
here is the open space for the new cabinet...we are getting the wood for it this weekend....and will paint it to match the rest of the kitchen cabinets with the same hardware...
Can hardly wait!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Blog. Thank you for joining us and I am so glad that we "found" you.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome Dani and you have such a handy husband..I bet if he made small things (not real big to ship) you could do good selling things he makes on etsy :)
    Some times it is nice to have someone living in the house with you..especially a new Grandson huh? Nice when you want someone to talk to or to just sit in rocker with the little one.
    Can't wait to see you new cabinet Alan makes for you. I wish we could sell better here on Craigs list..just very rural. Guess I will have to put ad in paper to sell some small furniture we need to get rid of.
    Have a great week end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani - Thanks for your visit! Yes, we DID go down Hwy 1 in California. I've always wanted to do that. We went without a plan really. Flew into LA, rented a car, drove up the coast and stopped whenever and wherever our little hearts desired. It was one of my favorite trips that we been on! California is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful piece of furniture - but I know what you mean - storage is so important in a house - perhaps you'll find a good digital keyboard on craigslist or someplace - easier to store than a full sized piano - my brother got one several years ago and has really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me, again, Dani - I forgot to tell you how much I love that antique cabinet - I've never seen one like that before. Lotsa storage in it. It'll be neat to see what you do with this area! See ya!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?