Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday


I haven't done much crafting or embroidery in a little while....been busy working in the garden and baking more than anything......taking a hiatus....but I did want to show you some very cute salt and pepper shakers that my dear friend Cyndi has in her Etsy shop.... mushrooms were so popular back in the 70s and are again....I remember as a little girl visiting one of my grandmothers friends who collected salt and peppers....she had a huge wonderful collection...can't even imagine what they'd be worth today..as this was back in the 1950s....when I collect, I like to find things we can actually use...I am not one to have alot of dusty figurines.....that's why I like vintage cooky cutters, oil lamps, and glass...plus vintage postcards (which take up little space). Here are two more....






The tomato seedlings will be ready to plant soon...although not yet..there is a big cold storm moving our way.....


Tomorrow I will be sharing a wonderful recipe that was my Dad's favorite, Pepper Steak!

7 comments:

  1. Those shakers are really cute, and go so well with the flowers on your blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Salt and Peppers! Your tomato plants are doing really well! There is nothing like a fresh tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling salt shakers. And of course I love postcards especially the Easter one. I will have to check out that recipe for Pepper Steak.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the salt & pepper shakers..A friend of mine had a set like that and a lot of bowls and other kitchen items that matched..I thought they were kind of ugly way back then...what was I thinking.
    I hope we dont get your cold front.I just planted some flower plants today and some tomatoes and green peppers.
    Our garden will be huge this year so I hope it does well to put up for next winter.
    We are making scarecrows and hanging flapping things all around in garden to keep creatures out. I also put some small containers of water with red pepper in them..maybe that will help too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shakers are so cute! I love those old postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter just won't let go!

    Today in the 90's, tomorrow's high will be 62!!!

    Love those postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing my vintage mushroom shakers. I have always loved mushrooms, even back when?

    You plants look awesome. I better go check mine under cover in the peat pots, I bet they need to be uncovered!


    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?