Sunday, March 7, 2010



I've been wanting to do something different..you can only embroider for so long...and ordered one of the wonderful tutorials from The Feathered Nest .....she has her tutorials in a PDF file so you get them quickly and they are only $5.00......I have an old photo of my dad when he was two years old I might use...... there is one in the tutorial also..

Today we went to Walmart and I found the right jar as I didn't have one. and ordered a green nest with eggs from my friend, Cyndi from her Bonanzle shop...our little duck is molting so I've been gathering feathers for adding to the nest.....so this project is coming together slowly...I plan on trimming the jar with some vintage crocheted lace..think it will look more shabby. I've never done anything like this before so it should be fun......

Our weather has turned wet again and a little chilly.....Mrs. Quack loves it......we let her out on the lawn and she goes a little nuts, going through the tall grass, nibbling on bugs and she loves the dandelion greens...I didn't realize how many sounds a duck can make......she's been giving us an egg a day...today, I scrambled one with two regular chicken eggs..it made enough for both of us for breakfast....with toast and cereal......Alan went to the feed store and got her some cracked corn, as well as regular duck food....she loves it...
We worked out in the cool afternoon, getting the garden ready for planting, although its a little early ....we brought the upside down planter inside...and hung it on the pot rack in the kitchen. Gets too cold at night..the tomato plant is doing ok....one top leaf was frozen before we rescued it..
We rekeyed a really odd house yesterday....kinda creepy....more about that tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. That jar is beautiful Dani!!! Love it and love creepy old houses...well, maybe not to LIVE in, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting project - you are so creative! Glad Mrs. Quack has settled in and doing her jobs of producing an egg and eating bugs and weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jar project is awesome! I love it and think the lace you are going to add will really shabby it up good.

    Mrs. Quack sounds like such a nice duck! We had wild ones nest on our property when we lived near Seattle, and I never tired of listening and watching her and the little ones. I love the "grumble grumble" noise they can make.

    Waiting for that "creepy" rekeying story!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?