Sunday, March 28, 2010

We took a ride today up to Hemet, Ca and on the way, flying overhead was this hot air balloon...This is a hot air balloon center so it wasn't a surprise but the colors looked so lovely against the clear blue sky.......riding in such a balloon is on my bucket list ..but as I seem to have developed a fear of heights...don't know if that one will be accomplished!

The one upside down tomato is doing so well....it actually has developing flowers now.....earlier than if we had planted it in the ground......so we decided to go for broke and got 3 more!

There is a yellow cherry tomato. a red cherry tomato and a beef steak....be interesting to see how they grow and develop.....as you can see we haven't planted anything in the ground yet..a little leery of a cold snap......but we did start more vegetables in peat pots...corn, yellow crook neck (a favorite), zucchini and more peas.....a lizard decided to check out the pots...can you spot him?



the silver device that you see is a weather indicator, thermometer and you can read the results in the house..we can tell the outside and inside temperatures, wind and also rain forecasts..our oldest gave it to us last Christmas. I also planted some cherry tomatoes in a large clay pot and put a tomato cage over it.....they are doing well...so looking forward to munching on a sweet tomato soon....


If you haven't sign up for the giveaway...please do..the link is on the left side for an array of goodies...a $25 gift card, a stainless steel bowl, a silcon cake pan, oven mitt and mixing spoon all from Betty Crocker and Blog Spark....

Just to suggest..Alan discovered that the hook that they give in the upside planter box, doesn't do a very good job as its blunt on the end....look at regular hooks in the hardware department...as they are much stronger...you can get them cheaply and won't have a problem with the planters falling...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani, I liked your idea. I also garden in my house, totally organic. My family and I like that.
    A hug and good week. Good luck!

    (sorry for spelling errors)

    Solange

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to ride in a hot air balloon too! But, like you I'm not sure I'm brave enough!

    Since you liked the upside down tomatoes so good, I went and bought one for my husband to try out!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?