Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday

I've been hunting online and found a very easy free piano lesson site.....had my first lesson today....very easy..some of the other sites were more difficult and went into music theory, etc. which I really don't need.....here is the link if you or someone you know is interested.....this is for someone who has little or no experience Learn Piano Online This is good for key board also.

I am not looking into giving concerts, just for my family's and my enjoyment......This is an fast track program and tomorrow I'll be able to play my first little song...fun! I learned where to find C and how the keys are laid out...its not confusing when you understand and I do believe you are never too old to learn something new.....



Our little tomato seedlings will be ready to plant in a few short weeks......I also started some peas.....I found a type of pea that doesn't need staking.....kinda a bush pea.......time will tell if they are successful or not...we do tend to have problems with insects..although with the duck patrolling the lawn..she's been eating a lot of the bothersome moths that like to lay their eggs on our vegetables..she's very quick..the trouble is..she likes to eat just about anything, including the hollyhocks and roses....we're planning on putting up a fence around the garden or our little seedlings will be gone in about 20 seconds!!!

4 comments:

  1. I finally have a few things popping up out of the soil too Dani and planted some more seeds today but not sure if they will all take since some of them ar really old but I didn't have the heart to throw them in the trash is there was even a slight chance they might grow.
    Also starting on some new crafting ideas as soon as I get all the dolls made for round robin in the group. I have been thinking about maybe getting a duck to eat bugs but not sure if I could keep it away from flowers and not sure if the dogs would like another critter living here :)
    Your garden is taking shape...keep us up to date as it grows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s so nice to see seedlings growing. Wish I had space to do that. I buy my tomatoes plants from a neighbor. She grows heirlooms only. I will be able to plant next week. We live in high desert, about 3,500 feet. My friend favors the Heirlooms thus avoiding GMO modified seed.

    I would love to see pictures of your garden as it progresses. There`s nothing like a fresh tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So encouraging once the little seedlings start showing - I'll buy my plants this year - too much going on to mess with starting seeds. For just the 2 of us - doesn't take a lot of garden to keep us in tomatoes, peppers, onions and whatever strikes my fancy. Wonderful about the piano lessons online - back in my grandparents' days - almost every home had some kind of musical instrument - people made their own entertainment and I noticed in Central America once you are out of the cities people were playing music and singing rather than listening to iPods and tvs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried the green hanging thingies last year. I ended up feeling sorry for one tomato plant because it kept trying to grow back up the other way...

    the nail didn't hold on the other one and ker-plop!

    Ill try again this year with a stronger nail and cucumber plants instead. LOL

    Your plantlings look great!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?