Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our cats seem to sense when someone is coming home and always give us a "heads up" when someone comes to the door at least a few minutes before we hear the knock or door bell. Our black cat, Smoky is especially good at this, I think he has alot of Siamese in him as he "talks" quite a bit, his body type, and his general personality. He also has alot of trouble with most commercial cat food and usually throws up most of it which makes for alot of clean up. But it doesn't seem to hurt him any, as his coat is soft/shiny and he is very active.

We adopted our other cat, Bandit after our dear old soul cat, Boots passed away last year...Bandit has an entirely different body type, more like a British shorthair

She has a stocky body and huge paws...she weighs a normal 10 lbs but looks heavier because of her long coat...actually Smoky and the Bandit weigh about the same....I wouldn't say they were best buddies but do get along. Bandit has a diva complex and has to be top cat most of the time...for a while, Smoky objected but they've come to an understanding of sorts.


What Cats Do for Us
Warm our laps
Give us someone to talk to
Help reduce high blood pressure
Bring the winter air inside, nestled in their coats
Create a kindred feeling with other "cat people"
Turn common household objects like bottle caps into toys
Make us more aware of birds
Donate their services as alarm clocks
Display daring acrobatic feats right in front of our eyes
Contribute to living a longer life
Make a window sill more beautiful
Keep mice on the run
Make us smile
Inspire poets and playwrights
Teach us how to land on our feet
Let us indulge our desires to really spoil someone
Make our homes warmer
Remind us that life is mysterious
Share with us the all-is-well experience of purring
Instruct us in the luxurious art of stretching
Show us how to lick our wounds and go on
Give us cool cartoon characters
Make even an old worn couch look beautiful
Open our hearts

6 comments:

  1. Now I get to thank you for visiting my blog...lotsa fun to see all your neat entries and add ons. Two of our cats sleep with us as well as the dog, so it gets kinds scrunchy even in a king size bed...they think it's their bed and stretch out all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes ma'am - cats are wonderful beings - my Moe cat is an important household member and he has never been inside our house - he has his own "apartment" in the workshop/barn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smoky definitely has the lovely lean Siamese look to him, and Bandit is so pretty. I love my kitties dearly even though they are all "rejects" LOL -- rescues that could not be placed due to mental problems or being so-called "ugly" cats! I love 'em all the more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty cats! Love the poem. blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading this I have the urge to go hug my cat, but then again, she will probably bite me for bothering her...
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pictures of your cats Dani...and the dog of the week and always makes me happy when you say they found a home. I was just thinking about what you said about blood pressure being lower when a cat sits in your lap. Since we have adopted Nellies older cat and he LOVES to sit in Billys lap I think you are right about the blood pressure. I know my dogs and my ferrill cats help me stay a little calmer and are my best friends...they are never negative and they almost never aggrivate me and bring many smiles to my face every day.
    Thank you for such an enjoyable blog..I really do enjoy it.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?