Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Few More




Here are two more images...the young cowboy is a cousin of my mother's in Montana around 1930 or so...the family photo is of my great grandmother, her son, (my grandpa) who is holding his grandchild (my cousin) and her mother (my aunt)...its a generation type photo..probably taken in the early 1940s...I never knew my great grandmother but she looks not a little scary to me...I do have two quilts she made...made with feed sacks and dress materials...Grandpa was a great man, I have written about him before in previous posts..he had a hard life and a fiery temper ...you never wanted to cross him if you could help it...lived to be 93..my aunt is still living and is about 95 now in a rest home...she is a real sweetie and my cousin is in her 60s with great grandchildren of her own..

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dani..I love the OLD photos and the history that goes with them I would have loved to lived in that time (maybe not though...no computers) How did I get by without a computer for 40 years and now we freak out when something happens to it.
    Love the posts Dani...They are really nice.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?