Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Good Afternoon

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

I had a dream last night....it looked like a bad storm outside and I was trying to shut all the windows...got all but one large one to shut but couldn't get the last one...the storm got worse and worse...I worked frantically trying to close it but for some reason...it wouldn't shut...I looked out and the sky was boiling with black clouds, lightening, wind and thunder...more like a hurricane...really frightening...I called for Alan to help me and then right before the storm hit, the window slid quietly closed on its own....(we have sliding windows) and I woke up...I can see where this dream comes from....

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in time of trouble, Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalm 46


This has been a nice day....a Realtor called us up this morning saying "This is your lucky day"..he has put Alan on his team list for REO properties so now we have 4 realtors we are working with...he did a job today too with the first realtor and a call back on another...
Our weather has been nice too.....in the high 60s and sunny....the air is so clear...you can really see all the snow on the mountains....
I got two sales in my store of journal jars so have been busy making some up...they are fun to do...I am planning on making some vintage children jars and use plastic jars as I am leery of kids and glass...they would be lighter to mail also and save on shipping....
Last night we had tacos. Tonight spaghetti and meatballs....sometimes its hard to know what to fix with these boys...many times they are out with their buddies and its just Alan and me...previews of the future empty nest, I guess...the Lord has a way of preparing you, doesn't He? They are always home though, if I am fixing tacos...or pizza...tacos are better in the summer for me though as tomatoes this time of year look more like pink softballs and don't have much flavor...I usually always buy the kind that are sold on the vine as they are usually better but do cost more...

FYI>we used to live in the tomato growing capital and watched as they were boxing up tomatoes at a plant....they would lay the green tomatoes on a conveyor belt and run them through this gas..they would come out on the other end red...so what you are buying are green tomatoes that have been treated to look good..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?