Friday, January 18, 2008

Good Friday Evening





.....we got a lot done today..I completed (almost) a journal jar and album....letting them dry tonight and hope to get photos done tomorrow...I told you about them yesterday so won't go into that now..
I also tweaked the music...there are some real classical hymns if you go forward a little....
hymns I grew up with in the Methodist church...they are full of worship and praise, and are food for the soul...I really miss singing in the church choir...did it all the time for years.....I hope to do it again when the Lord opens the door....I also sang in a girls glee club (middle school)as a teen...we went to nursing homes, VFW halls, etc. everyone seemed to like us....I am an alto soprano so have a good range....I do sing around the house!!!
Our oldest son brought home some wonderful catfish which Alan fried up using panko bread crumbs...soooo good...I love catfish.....so do our cats who hung around in the kitchen hoping for a crumb or two....we have two...guess I haven't told you about them..
there is Boots ,who is our senior cat at 8 years old...he was born under the deck of our condo with 4 little mates from a feral cat...we rescued them, tamed them , and found homes for the other four..kept one...He is very mellow cat, laid back, calm..
and very affectionate...he is gray and white with 4 white "boots"
then there is Smokie who is all black with a little white on his chest and tummy..small for a cat, and quick as lightening..very playful and curious. Donny found him wandering as a kitten in a field on one of the most hottest days
of the year...that was 3 years ago..he brought him home....I couldn't say no to him...tiny and so cute...
He really likes to get inside things and sleep....loves bags of any kind and boxes...
he also likes the printer and when it is on, he will sit beside it, you can just see his mind trying to figure it out...

5 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your cats Linda....I should live on a farm or just out in the country...all out income would go to feed and take care of homeless dogs and Cats :)
    Nellie has 4 cats and the one has decided that he should be my kitty. He follows me around all day and sleeps in the corner where it is warm in our tiny hall way.
    I will be sharing some tales in my blog about him soon.
    Thanks for sharing..I really enjoy reading your blog.
    Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just weird...I have no idea why it says Linda in there..I know your name is Dani and I swear that is what I typed in my comment..sorry about that :)
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't kitties wonderful creations? Your kitty graphic is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old hymns, too, Dani! And they are just beautiful on your blog. My kittie loves the printer, too. Loves to watch that thing go back and forth when I'm printing!

    Catfish. . . I've never eaten it. Can't get past the look of it, I guess.

    Can't wait to see your new jars!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would love catfish, Cora..it is tender, no bones, white flaky fish very mild and sweet tasting..absolutely the bomb...we usually get it in fillets at our market when its on sale...we dip the fillets in either cornmeal or panko bread crumbs and fry it in a little canola oil..gets brown and crunchy on the outside....great with cornbread too! and fried potatoes...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?