Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday, the Mall and more

We traveled down to El Cajon and ate lunch at Bob's Big Boy....walked around the mall...this photo is of the shopping cart escalator in the two story Walmart....we had never seen anything like that before so thought it was unique...
we had fun shopping at the Sweet Factory as they have a nice selection of sugar free candy for Alan...also he went to See's and got some sugar free chocolates...I got a small bag of gummy candy, my favorite..I am partial to orange slices....
then we spied the merry go round...yesterday, I said it was ferris wheel but I had seen it at a distance, turned out it was a two story merry- go- round.....
we planned to take a ride but it was closed for lunch the time we were there...beautifully painted animals...
It is a very nice mall...and it was really fun to window shop....we don't usually get out to malls anymore...years ago in another life, my mom and I would go to the local mall every week, have lunch together and shop...guess that is one reason why I've avoided going since she passed away....

Today is the last day to sign up for my August Giveaway..I will be drawing the winning name at 6:00 p.m. this evening....aren't you ready for the fall?

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Dani you an d I posted pictures of malls from two different parts of the world. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember the last time I ventured into a mall. First, because they are always too expensive for me, and second, I can't walk that far anymore. I've heard about the two story Walmarts and grocery stores. Seems that everything here in Florida is spread out flat. One of these days, I'm going to have to go "sightseeing" and go to our local mall. Strange how we do stop doing the things we used to do without even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!
    A 2 story Walmart ~ now that's something I've never seen before.
    Awww...so sad to think of the past and special things or events that "used" to be.
    But at the same time I'm sure those memories fill your heart with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first moved here, 15 years ago, a friend and I would meet at the mall, have lunch, and wander around looking for bargains. Now she has moved and the mall has changed and I never do that anymore. Miss it, and her!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?