Friday, September 12, 2008

My Thoughts

I've been listening off and on this week to the politics....also on Etsy there is quite a few posts about Sarah Palin, lots of rumors floating around...lists of books she supposedly wanted banned (false), supposed photos of her in a bikini holding a rifle (faked), etc. ..I also looked on Snopes as it lists all the rumors floating around about all the candidates, there seems to be even more about Obama than anyone else..some of them are so mean spirited. I suppose this happens at every election and I've read that even Abraham Lincoln had many rumors and detractors so its not a new thing...will we as a people ever grow up? Guess its just human nature...gossip is one of the 7 deadly sins.
I heard this morning that the Democratic camp is stepping up mean spirited advertising against John McCain..guess they were not ready for the Republicans to become so invigorated by Sarah Palins nomination....this may shoot them in the foot with most people if they are as fed up with this type of campaigning as I am..time will tell
*************************************************************************************
my dear sister-in-law Diana sent me this
TOP 10 PREDICTIONS NO MATTER WHO WINS THE ELECTION
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed teaching and healing.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.
ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!!!

************************************************************************************

These moss roses are growing in our front rock garden, only flowers that are really blooming now. The ground there isn't very good and I didn't know if I could get anything to do well there besides the fountain grass.
I will be posting a great artist and prim crafter on my other blog so please click here if you'd like to continue reading..

3 comments:

  1. You are absoutely right Dani...I couldn't agree with you more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen - the best thing about politics this year is the fun it is hearing the media types try to figure out what being in God's will means! He is in control and thank you Dani for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I love that 10 predictions list; thank you for sharing it!

    Your moss roses are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?