Monday, April 30, 2012

Thanks, everyone for your feedback. I will keep trying until I get it, I guess. I did send feedback to blogger and got back one of those automated answers which was totally not satisfying....
meanwhile.......
our garden is doing great! so easy to weed the raised beds, we don't know why we didn't do these earlier.....it took me all of 15 minutes to weed all the beds...
We put the low fencing around the beds because the dogs were constantly jumping into them.....it was left over when the duck was with us....little baby summer squash are forming and everything is bigger than this photo as I took it last week...the corn seems to grow inches over night.....Alan and I planted the corn seeds, but I think I planted mine deeper than he did as mine is coming up later......but its coming up.....
the far end is just dirt at this time...but we found a cool idea to do a strawberry bed there in the future.....this is photo is from Gurney's.

we looked at aluminum flashing at Home Depot to figure out how much we'd need..and we would use a drip system for watering..not a sprinkler as seen here......neither of us figure sprinklers would be good after the fruit sets......strawberries do well here...we have some plants on the bank and found that the best variety for us is Sequoia.........this will probably be this fall or next spring as our hot season is coming soon......

Today is supposed to be nice..its overcast and cool now.....Alan had a job at a new doctors office but he'll be back and we're off to two jobs in San Diego county.......

3 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your garden Dani and that is a great idea for the strawberries. Can't wait to see what kind of soil the next house will have. You have inspired me to try again..maybe just a small area to start with:) Hope you get lots of jobs and that Alan is better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you r beautiful neat garden, you must piut in a lot of work in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a child many years ago my grandparents had a strawberry bed just like the picture. We had tons of luscious strawberries every year. The bed was indestructible. Brings back lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?