Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Online Surveys, and a Yard Sale

Something I've wanted to discuss for some time is online surveys and such.....the last few years I've experimented with many and have come down to two which really pay off in actual cash...thought someone else might like to know about them.....
the first is Swag Bucks.....you actually make $ by doing your web searches through their tool bar....I have in the last year made over $40...not a lot of cash but its going toward Christmas presents this year..if you really worked at it,  you could make alot more...they have a FB page and run code searches  where you can win big...if you are interested, let me know and I will refer you...that way we will both win as every referral helps me out....they also give away prizes, and I personally like the gift cards, American Express,  Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and others, plus they put your winnings into your Paypal account........you earn swag bucks by doing your searches, surveys, swag TV and other fun things..even games....

The second is a more conventional survey, Ipsos I say...this is a French marketing survey group..and its actually a little more profitable than the Swag bucks...I have made over $75 this year already and when you redeem your winnings, they send you a  check.....the company has been in business since 1975 and is very reliable.....when you sign up, they will email you surveys to fill out...sometimes you are sent new products to test...I've tested barbecue sauce, toothpaste and cologne...you get to keep the products plus get paid....
Neither of these will make you rich but it is nice to have a little extra here and there, isn't it?Its like my Christmas club money..remember those?

We are getting ready for a yard sale this Friday and Saturday....actually sales start here on Wednesday and go through Saturday....rather interesting..

.I've gone through my craft chest of drawers and pulled out tons of craft things plus counted cross stitch patterns and such..I closed my Bonanza store and am selling all the stock I had in it......I don't do cross stitch much any more...I am a great pattern collector as I know alot of you are too..but really, how many patterns do we actually use? I have saved all my Aunt Martha embroidery patterns and alot of the primitive ones of course but have reduced my "load" by at least 2/3...and it feels good.

A few videos and the colorful box on top has an entire collection of thimbles...thinking again, I think I will put the thimbles on Yard seller....garage sale folk don't want to pay what I would ask, me thinks...lots of books, we find them in vacant houses...mysteries, cook books, etc. A large box of hardcover and paperbacks...a breadmaker...much more....



We  harvested  tomatoes and will have them at the sale.


Alan has tons of very high quality Schlage locks for sale.....these are in the $35 to $50 range if you bought them at the big box stores....we are charging a pittance...we keep getting them as the Fannie Mae people insist on Quick Set locks for all their houses...so when we go to re key, we have to replace any Schlages....but Schlage is a higher quality lock....our house is completely Schlage. It took a bit of getting used to..kept locking myself out!

6 comments:

  1. My GS is also this week end Dani and it has been very HOT here.heat factor has been between 105 and 110 so hard to go out and reorganize and get sturr marked. Hope people will come in that heat since we have another heat wave coming through Fri and Sat.
    I am interested in the web site for making money so go ahead and refer me and please email me more info.
    I made 2 frames and a pillow for a girl I met on FB and had name similiar to mine...her husband called this evening and told me how great they were and how I do such good work..said they will be ordering more from me and some of there friends and neighbors would too. Makes you feel good when someone likes your hard work and appreciates it.
    Supposed to be a little better tomorrow so hope I can get stuff marked for sale. Talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes look SO GOOD!!! I hope you do well with your sale, hope you make lots of $$$$$! Sounds like we are neck to neck now on the granny countdown, LOL, so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I,too, have been purging. I have given up on garage sales for the season. Too hot to get in and out of the car. Maybe at Old Threshers time--Labor Day weekend.
    I wish you the best of luck, though. You have experience with Iowa and California. How do garage sales compare?
    Say, if you feel the urge, you can pop a couple of those thimbles in the mail for me. Tee Hee.....
    Tomatoes look awesome! Can't take the country out of the girl!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your garage sale, Dani... I wish sometimes I could go through some things and sell them but we live too far off the beaten path for anyone to come here for a yard sale.
    Good to hear of your extra income- every bit helps for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am attempting to have a yard this this weekend....if the heat doesn't do me in first....I am about to meet the end of my weeding process and it feels really good...good luck with your sale...your tomatoes looks yummy.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?