Friday, July 15, 2011

First Day of the Garage Sale

wow..am I tired! didn't realize how tiring it is to stand for 4 hours but there you have it..we did fairly well on our garage sale..made over $100....and have another sale tomorrow....that is if we can find  more things to put out...the weather was really wonderful which helped .......the only bad thing that happened was a sheriff came by and said we couldn't park the van in the street with a for sale sign on it...said if she came by again and it was there, she would ticket it...go figure..Alan washed off the paint and will re do it after the sale....who knew that ordinance? I surely didn't.
I put out tons of craft patterns but no nibbles....did sell some craft supplies...cinnamon sticks, beads, etc. plus alot of frames....the biggest sale was a pastor and his wife who bought some weights and a weight bench for their son....good to have those things out of the garage....getting rid of things always makes me feel good.lighter somehow....less is more......

4 comments:

  1. Very nice Dani! All your recent posts and the recipe. Glad the yard sale went well...weird about the ordinance! (I hope the sheriff was nice about it...) I mean, it is not like you are parking the van there and leaving it...maybe the ordinance was for that type of thing and she doesn't know the law well herself! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should clarify...what I mean is...you are not leaving the van somewhere away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made money on your yard sale! The one and only time I ever had one, I actually had people to shop lift. Now, there's one for your deputy friend! I mean, who lifts 10 cent items at a yard sale??

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Dani... sounds like you've had some nice things to sell.
    Sorry about the van- have you tried putting it on Craigslist? We've sold everything we've ever listed on there.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?