Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tim Hawkins....GPS




this is so  true..we have a Tom Tom GPS and occasionally it goes a little crazy or perhaps mischievous ..the other day, our youngest took his car to the DMV in a neighboring town with his dad to get it registered in his name...I got a call, he'd locked the keys in the car...so I hustled down there with Dad's tools so they could open it......put the address to the DMV into  the Tom Tom.....(.Alan has the voice sound like a Cylon from Battle Star Galatica...I expect any minute to hear it say  "By Your Command" in that metallic voice but curiously, we don't get tired of that voice)....I dutifully followed the directions and found myself going in circles."Turn left here, then left, take the next left..""Turn left"...found myself passing the same sign twirler 4 times..started waving as I went by...fortunately, I had printed out directions which I grabbed after the 5th time, and found I was only a block away from  the DMV !

The parking lot was very crowded and I drove through it, looking for my sons' car which I parked behind while the two guys quickly opened the door...got a crowd of curious onlookers too.... Alan has the coolest tool for opening cars..takes all of 10 seconds to open the door but as they had a audience, made it look a little harder...where I parked, the logo on the side of the car was for all to see so we got some totally free advertising...can't hurt.!...

4 comments:

  1. I have a Garmin. Best investment I ever made!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Tom Tom was a gift so we really couldn't turn it down....I've heard that Garmins are the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister keeps trying to tell me we should get a G P S but Billy refuses and maps out lobg trips on his atlas and for shorter ones we use mapquest and when he sees the map he writes down the shortest way with looking at the names of streets.
    We don't know how to find our new house but I am sure Billy will figure it out...He knows which highway goes through it from looking at the atlas :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?