Sunday, February 3, 2008

Vintage Valentines



I started a vintage postcard valentine collection a few years ago and my albums are full....so each day until the 14th I will feature a free one for you to snag...as you can tell, I love old photos and graphics....I find them somehow both fascinating, comforting and fun....my interest reflects my crafting with the old photos on my journals and jars...and remember I am running a special on anything in my shop...10% off if you mention this blog in your order....also just to let my readers know...if you buy a journal to go with the jar..free shipping on the journal...

Please check the Glad Tidings Blog which I am part in also as we are running some free patterns, and other goodies right now...if you are like me, I love free stuff!
Cora, is running a contest too on her blog..you could win some of her wonderful angels. Her blog is Hidden Riches in Secret Places and her angels are beautiful...

As a few of you know, we are really hurting financially right now..a season we are going through..the toughest time we've ever been in....working so hard and trusting the Lord for His provision.....we are one month behind in our house payment and trying to get caught up....I shared this in our group and someone shared a scripture with me that has really stuck...
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory; that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain. So God granted him what he requested." -- I Chronicles 4:10
I am praying that the Lord will be gracious and enlarge our territory this next week..that His Hand will be upon us and I am praying that He will keep us from evil..as tempers get shortened when money is tight. Starting a new business isn't for the faint hearted or quitters....we've been in the locksmith business now 6 months and its crunch time..please pray God will enlarge our territory, and provide for our needs...We give Him the praise and thanksgiving...

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you. Keep your eyes on the Lord and he will take care of you. I used to live in Louisiana and there was a little black sister in my church that when times got hard she would yell from the top of her lungs "Devil you don't excite me!" and would start praising God. You tell him that he does not excite you and start praising God for what he is already doing in your behalf. He won't for sake you. Just lay it all at the alter and let me work. I expecting a good report. God Bless!

    P.S. Not sure how to snag a postcard? Are you supposed to be the first to post or do you do a draw from the comments left under the OWOH post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came back for a wee visit (trying to get my little ones to bed... it's not that easy!) lol I just saw this post, and I was instantly reminded of a passage from the Bible, "God knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask him." I'm sure I've paraphrased it a bit, and I'd have to get my concordance to find where in the Bible it comes from, but I think it's lovely nonetheless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle!

    My hubby is a milkman, well at least for a few more days. He is up doing invoicing so I am up keeping him company.

    I have been entering the One World-One Heart Giveaways. I haven't spent much time on most of the blogs. However, at your blog, I felt led to linger. Thus, I stumbled on this post and your genuine prayer for God to intervene. I also recognized The Prayer of Jabez—largely because we have been praying that over ourselves as well.

    If you have a moment, I believe you will be encouraged by a recent post (praise report) on my blog (Today's Bouquets). We have been going through financial trials for well over a year. But God... He is ever Faithful! He has not let us down. As recently as last Friday, He opened the heavens and worked a miracle. We don't own a home, but we had been served eviction papers.

    Behold, God does a new thing! I truly believe that God is bringing us to absolute reliance on Him. I believe that the times ahead will require this. As I've told my husband, we've just been attending our own funerals!

    Best Blessings,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?