Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Fathers Day

My brother posted this photo of our dad, Robert Elliot Philley. He was in the Marine Corp for 34 years and served his country with pride. The gentlest of men and a wonderful father. He passed away in 1977 too soon, and I dearly miss him every day.

I've posted before about all the letters my grandmother sent me that Dad had written during and after WWII. He was part of the greatest generation that is now sadly passing away. If your dad or uncle or brother was part of that generation, let them know how much you appreciate them. I wish I could let my dad know and have faith that one day we will meet again in a far better world. Semper Fi

1 comment:

  1. You are rightly proud of your dad and his service to our country. These men will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?