Thursday, June 19, 2014

Christmas cards and other news

Wow..I didn't realize how much time has flown by this month. I had an appointment for my mammogram and when the receptionist said it was on the 16th, I was thinking it was  two weeks away. Turned out to be only one week, guess I'm a week or two behind times! The last time I had one, it had been such a painful experience that I swore I wouldn't do it again but on the advise of the doctor, went ahead for another bout. This time was much better so all is well. Hopefully the results will be good, I should know soon. My grandmother died from breast cancer so its good that I go in as often as the doctor recommends. I also had blood work done that turned out just fine.
We're both so thankful that we  have medical insurance!

 I've been working on Christmas cards! Stitching the 12 days of Christmas..This is one is the Two Turtle Doves..its not finished yet, I'm waiting to get some red beads for the holly berries but think its turned out nicely.

Here is the third...3 French Hens


And of course, Partridge in a Pear Tree

There are the complete series available. I'd like to get the next pattern  in the series, 4 Calling Birds next...you can find all the patterns at Pinbroidery.  They're sure fun to stitch!

Our oldest son who just turned 26, got a new job which he seems to love. He works for a company that recycles cooking oil from fast food businesses. There is lots of driving though but he loves it. The company is based in Arizona but has a outlet in San Bernardino. He drives up there and then uses their truck for the job. He works nights and his job starts at 7 in the evening. He makes more than he did at the fast food restaurant by far. Lots of  hours. Last night he had to drive all the way to Yuma, Az  which is a 3 hour job one way. He said he had 30 stops to make along the way, stopping at fast food restaurants to pick up their cooking oil. Thankfully he only works 4 days a week so has time to rest up. Early in the week, he went to Disneyland to pick up their oil...kind of an interesting job if you like to drive.


3 comments:

  1. Dani,
    I want the two turtle doves card, can ou send me the details. I love it I want to frame it!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards. I wonder if you can sell the set. Might be costly but they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These cards are beautiful! You are so gifted! Good idea having your mammogram and that it didn't hurt. (I really think it depends on the time of the month...!)

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?