Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Strawberry Bed and a Little Helper

Alan's been working on a second strawberry raised bed and our grandson Jayden is helping out. Alan had made it larger and then realized it was too big so today we redid it. It was so big before it would be very difficult to harvest the berries and also to cover from the hot sun so it was back to the drawing board.  Jayden loves to be outside and he wants so much to be a good helper! He has his own set of 2 year old tools, that's his little rake.
I also planted in one of the other beds, about 90 onion starts. It will be nice in the spring to harvest red onions for salads and sandwiches. I'm planning on planting some potato starts too, I think I'll probably have to order them online as I'm really trying to stay away from GMO and go organic.

Our weather has been in the 80s during the day and in the 40s at night, nice and cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?