Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week

I'd like to introduce you to Perris, a chihuahua mix about 4 years old, according to the vet....like the dog I posted last week, we know little about this little one....he was picked up as a stray and no one has claimed him...so many times some people get puppies and when they grow up, they are given away to be replaced by another puppy.....we have a neighbor who does this..sad.....trying to talk to them is like trying to talk to a stone wall...
I don't know if this was the case with Perris.....but he is shy and wants to be held for security....poor guy..here he's being held by a young volunteer who has taken a special interest in him..the volunteers are so great, and have done alot to rehabilitate and help the dogs to trust humans again ..the rescue also has the services of a very experienced dog trainer. Perris was named after the city in which he was found, Perris, ca. You can find out more about the Sun City K9 Rescue
by clicking the above link.....the only no kill shelter in the valley and ways you can help them.....

I have a set of 3 more tags almost finished.....and will keep plugging along with the stitching...I always have to be working on something seems like.......until either the Lord comes back or my eyes or hands fail.....I ordered a cute redwork angel ornament pattern from Bird Brain designs

Since I love redwork, and I've had some experience with the tags, thought I'd give these a whirl..I think they are really cute and would be good to tuck into Christmas cards as a nice little gift.
Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

“I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.” (Psalm 40:8)

4 comments:

  1. Poor Perris! I hope he will find a home soon. What a good lapdog he would make for someone wanting a companion to stick close to them. He has such sweet eyes but they look anxious, who knows what he endured before being saved.

    Those redwork angels are extremely cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those redwork angel tags are darling! Here's hoping that Perris finds a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angels are simply adorable!

    Hope the little boy gets a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tags are adorable. THey are FABULOUS!

    Hurray for your work. IT is AWesome!

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?