Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday Dog of the Week +

This little "dude" is named Bolt...he is a mixed breed terrier, a little bit of a mystery..perhaps part chihuahua (ears)? He is only 4 months old, a puppy and very bright...housebroken already and is learning tricks....one of the Don's favorites....great personality and adores people, cats, and other dogs.....he is up to date with all his shots, healthy and just needs his family to come for him..could that be you? His coat had to be shaved as it was in bad condition, he feels so much better now but he has a medium coat when grown out...he is an active puppy and lots of fun.

They have gotten in quite a few new dogs at the rescue + one cat...I kinda wanted to adopt him but Alan nixed the idea, two is enough he says....he's probably right!
You can see Bolt, the other dogs and Kiki, the cat at Sun City K-9 Rescue



Yesterday, we harvested lots of tomatoes...have got a good bounty......Don came home so I stocked him up with some .....both red and yellow types....we have a few larger ones that are about ready to pick in a day or so....Alan says it feels good to see this on the counter..he remembers the summer days when his mom would can and the kitchen would smell so good when he came in the door.....


The parmesan chicken I spoke about yesterday was absolutely delicous..so I thought I'd share that recipe with you...its easy and good.

Parmesan Chicken
4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (I didn't have it, used low fat instead)
1 cup apple juice
1 cup converted white rice, uncooked
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Mix all other ingrediants (except cheese and pepper) in a bowl, mix together well and pour over chicken...Add pepper and sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours..makes 4-6 servings.
Serve with green salad and crusty bread....we had harvested some fresh corn so had that too....and jello with fruit for dessert.

have a great day and remember....

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that recipe, the apple juice in it has me intrigued -- I bet it is a very tender dish!

    Bolt is a lovely little fellow. I hope someone has the sense to adopt him soon, it's easy to see he'd make a lovely companion.

    Love the display of the tomatoes on their pretty platters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh- the sunflower picture is so pretty, Dani. Look at all those maters! They look delicious. And I LOOOVE the chicken standing in the middle of them too! Did you make it? It is adorable!
    The dish sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the new sunflower header and oh my goodness that puppy is definitely somebody's next best friend. Your tomato bounty is impressive - our plants slowed down so much during the 100 plus degree weather - just now seeming to come back to setting blooms. Thanks for your comments on my blog - I still have trouble getting your blog (and a few others) to load occasionally so I'll comment when I can! Enjoy your harvest - yum!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?